Wednesday 15 November 2017

Events Around Oxfordshire and Beyond

Visit to Bicester Heritage Museum

As Chairman of Oxfordshire County Council, I am rapidly discovering such wonderful places in this beautiful county which I haven't had the pleasure of visiting.  Recently I was taking part in a tour of the Bicester Heritage Museum at the invitation of the Mayor and as you can see from the photo above, it was a thoroughly enjoyable occasion seeing a variety of vintage cars on display.

Other events I have attended include Royal visits, awards ceremonies, charity concerts, and more recently the Remembrance services around the county.  This year, I was at the St. Giles War Memorial in the morning and attended the Didcot Remembrance service during the afternoon.  It was a very cold day, but  important that we pay our respects to those who lost their lives during the two world wars.  Both were very moving occasions at which it was a great honour to represent the County Council and lay a wreath at each ceremony.

On Monday, this week it was a pleasure to support the Oxfordshire County Youth Orchestra in their fantastic performance at the Youth Proms 2017 at the Royal Albert Hall.  Again, an event I shall long remember.  I will continue to keep you updated here when I can, but please follow me on Twitter if you want to keep up from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.