Wednesday 25 October 2017

Autumn Escapes


This autumn has been wonderful with the colours changing and I have been out and about in Oxfordshire doing many duties as Chairman of Oxfordshire County Council.
The first photograph shows me receiving a basket of apples which had been picked from the orchards at Cogges Manor Farm in Witney.  This is an event which happens during the Michaelmas time of year when the harvest is coming in and represents the peppercorn rent that the museum pays to the County Council so that access to the museum continues to be available to families in the county.  You can read the full story on the county council website.

The second photo shows me in Wytham Woods near to Oxford where I had attended a Blue Plaques unveiling event to commemorate the ffennell family's gift to Oxford University to use the woods for research in memory of their daughter.  After the official unveiling of the plaque, we were taken on a walk through the woods to appreciate the wonderful surroundings.  Here I am captured under the canopy of a 200 year old beech tree.  So these memorable events are two of many I have enjoyed undertaking in my role representing the County Council in Oxfordshire.  Do continue to follow me on Twitter for regular updates of my activities day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.