Friday 22 July 2016

Balmy Summer Days


We have been enjoying some extraordinary hot summer days recently starting at the weekend when I had the pleasure of attending the Mayor of Henley's barn dance which was held at the Boat Festival at Henley on Thames.  You can see the photo above where I am standing next to the lovely boat Gloriana, which earlier in the day sailed up the river with all flags flying.  I was there during the evening to represent the County Council, and the setting by the river was particulary beautiful in the evening sun.
During the evening I took part in the charity raffle, and was lucky to win a couple of tickets to the Henley fringe festival to see Twelfth Night performed by Page 2 Stage Productions Ltd.  An excellent performance enjoyed in the gardens of Rupert House School in the town.
The lovely hot weather continues which means that we can all feel that summer is here at last.  
I have no planned surgeries in August, but hopefully will arrange some dates from September onwards.  I shall keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.