Tuesday 7 August 2012

Inconsiderate Parking


One of the recurring complaints that I get is about inconsiderate parking in Grove. Sometimes, this can be a safety issue with access points blocked for emergency vehicles or cars parked close to a junction making the approach precarious. At other times, it is vehicles parking on verges and churning them up and just making the village unsightly (and costing money to repair the damage). 

The root of a many of these problems is the insufficient space left for cars when new housing developments are built and I hope that this is tackled in the future developments proposed for both Grove and Wantage. However, in the meantime can I please appeal to all residents to park sensibly and with consideration.

In some cases, it is possible to arrange for bollards to be placed around verges to protect them. A recent example is shown above where I have used my councillor funding for a scheme to protect a verge. Funds are limited (and it would be much better if everyone respected the verges), but please contact me if there are other areas which merit protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.