Friday 13 January 2012

Road Closure Confusion


I previously gave a heads-up about the closure of the Denchworth Road across the airfield (the bit between Mably Way and Newlands Drive) for 3 days from 14 January, which is tomorrow. Indeed, the official Oxfordshire County Council notice on page 71 of this week's Wantage and Grove Herald  confirms these dates. It is therefore somewhat surprising to see that the notices put by the roadside (pictured above) have different dates and indicate that the closure won't start until Monday. Confused? So am I. I have enquired, but so far at 10:30pm on Friday 13th January (maybe that is the jinx) I have received no comment. I will keep you posted if and when I hear anything.

Update - 14 January 2012
Well, having driven into Wantage by this route I can say that the road was not closed today and I think we can now take it that the closure will be 16-18 January, as the roadside signs above indicate. It is a pity that the notices posted on the lamposts along the same stretch of road have the wrong date (see below) like the notice printed in the Herald.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.