Saturday 2 July 2011

Cornbury Cracker


Tonight, I went to the Cornbury Festival, which confusingly is no longer held at Cornbury, but at Great Tew Park. The event to be held at Cornbury Park in August this year is now called the WIlderness Festival.

Anyway, it was a glorious summer evening and Great Tew did not disappoint - the car parking was easy and quick, the food was great and the setting was superb.. I saw Imelda May, Ray Davies, Sophie Ellis Bextor and The Faces with Mick Hucknall taking the place of Rod Stewart. I must admit that I could not help recall that the last time I saw Ray Davies live was about 40 years ago in The Kinks. Nonetheless, he performed an excellent set in the early evening and there was the added touch of a number of hot-air balloons hovering in the sky over the stage - an almost surreal event in the Oxfordshire countryside. Well done Cornbury or is it Great Tew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.