Friday 31 October 2008

Halloween with Bill Heine

Whilst many were trick or treating this evening, I was invited, along with many others, to Bill Heine's book launch. This was held at the Ashmoleum Museum in Oxford with various entertainments and a table at each floor level where Bill was busily signing his books. Listeners to Radio Oxford will be familiar with his 4pm to 7pm slot where he and a chosen 'co-host' have a 'call-in' programme where listeners literally call in with their views. The programme has its regulars, and usually the topic of the day gets a good dusting over. I once helped to co-host a couple of years ago when I worked for Age Concern and we were promoting our Information Fairs.

Well, I did end up buying a signed copy of his book called 'Heinstein of the Airwaves' with the sub-title 'Discovering a Parallel World Within Oxford'. A weird title perhaps and appropriate to be sold on a cold Halloween. Until I have read the book I won't give a verdict on whether it is a trick or treat.

2 comments:

  1. So, have you read the book yet? I started, but got distracted (don't tell Bill!!) What do you think of it - trick, or treat?

    I was invited to the big event (he forgot I'm agoraphobic!!), my "reward" or "punishment" for regularly phoning-in on his programme, but I'm afraid I'm a Radio 2 fan these days!

    Though Radio Oxford is still the best at times of local strife, i.e. flooding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have now read the book and it was a 'treat' to get an insight into some of the guests Bill has contact with. An interesting read ideal for picking up and putting down as and when you feel like it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.