Friday 18 January 2008

Letcombe Brook Water Levels

I know some people have been concerned at the water level of Letcombe Brook. Tonight, we visited Denchworth Road, Kingfishers, Cane Lane, Sharland Close and Mill Street in Wantage to keep an eye on things.

Here are two photographs - one taken on Tuesday and another taken on Thursday evening - by the bridge on Denchworth Road. These at least indicate that the water level has dropped for the moment, although obviously I can't predict future rainfall.

Anyone who is concerned about flooding and sandbags should ring the Vale Council on 01235 520202 (Office Hours) or 01235 524886 (Out of Hours).

1 comment:

  1. You said "although obviously I can't predict future rainfall"

    And neither can the professional forecasters either, or so it seems. They were predicting 4 days of torrential rain, starting yesterday, it's no wonder people are nervous.

    We've been very lucky here so far, and I am very aware that lots of families have already been flooded in other parts of the country, and even the county. Having been flooded once, I don't think we will ever stop worrying that it could happen again, despite what well-meaning people might say. You'd be surprised at the number of people who have told me they don't think the Brook will flood again. I hope they're right, but they don't know any more than I do.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.