Wednesday 16 May 2018

Annual Meeting of Oxfordshire County Council


Yesterday was the Annual Meeting of Oxfordshire County Council and it was my last day in office as Chairman.  The photo above shows me arriving for the meeting just before I hand over the chain to the new Chair. You can read my story of my year in office on the County website here

I have been regularly posting my engagements on my Twitter account which you can click onto at the left of this page, but when you have completed over 170 events, it is very difficult to pick just one or two to highlight.

However, I have raised £2,000 towards my charities which include the Maggie's Culture Crawl and my Charity Dinner supporting ooso.org (Oxfordshire Oesophageal Stomach Assocation), which I held last December.  

It has been a great honour and privilege to represent the County Council during this year as Chairman, but after such a busy year, it will be a time for new opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.