Monday 7 July 2014

Fun at Wantage Memorial Park


As I had previously posted on Thursday, there was a Wantage and Grove Play & Activity Day at Manor Road Memorial Park in Wantage for families in the area.  I went along to see the event in action on Saturday afternoon and was delighted to see some of the activities on offer.  As you will see from the photo above of the Graffiti Wall, there had been a lot of budding artists showing off their drawing skills during the day.  I even added my own small contribution (the mini horse's head) - a pre-requirement if you take a photograph of the wall!

There had been a steady flow of children all day long, and everyone had enjoyed the day.  I was pleased that I was able to contribute some of my County Councillor Community budget fund towards the event which was organised by the Oxfordshire Play Association, and hope that we can repeat the venture in future years.  I do still have some small funding available from this year's budget, if anyone knows of a community and/or voluntary organisation needing some financial support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.