Saturday 16 November 2013

Grove Parish Newsletter - 400th Issue Celebrations


This afternoon, I attended the tea party organised to celebrate the 400th Issue of the Grove Parish Newsletter. I managed to secure funding from my County Councillor community budget fund to help the editorial board and volunteer deliverers to celebrate this milestone with a big 'thank you' to all those involved.

As can be seen from the photos above, issue number 1 of the current version of the newsletter appeared on March 1978. The intervening 100th, 200th and 300th issues appeared in June 1986, September 1995 and October 2004. The story on the front page of the 200th issue is interesting because it concerns the prospect of county council subsidies for local bus routes being reduced or cut. This has again been in the news recently and I am working with the County Council to find a solution to this. Some things never change!

The Grove Parish Newsletter finds its way through every door in the village, thanks to all the hard work of those involved on the editorial board putting it all together and their stalwart team of local volunteer deliverers.   I find the community news and events diary very helpful as well as being able to contribute myself every month with my County Council report where I can update residents on the work I continue to do on their behalf. Congratulations to all involved and long may it continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.