Wednesday 2 January 2013

Cow Lane Cleared


Today, I can report that the huge fly-tip of soil and debris that was blocking the track from Grove to East Hanney along Cow Lane has at long last been removed.  Residents will recall that I reported this on my blog in November when I wrote about the importance of Cow Lane as a "green amenity" for local residents and also reported on the new by-way sign that was erected after I had requested a replacement.  The obstruction had been there since last summer and it took some time to get the district council to organise its removal and we have still not been able to firmly establish where it came from.  

The photos above show how much earth had to be removed and the subsequent improvement - I understand that it amounted to approximately 60 tons.  I met a dog-walker whilst inspecting the site and she was certainly pleased to be able to access the bridleway from Hanney to Grove once again without having to scramble over the mound!  The route would be even better if we could fund a gravel surface along the parts that are heavily rutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.