Thursday 9 February 2012

Care Home Proposal for Health Centre


I recently came across this photo, which shows myself and District Councillor Sue Marchant  during the building of the Health Centre on Mably Way. The photo was taken on 7 February 2003 and the Newbury Street and Church Street GP practices moved from Wantage into the new building in June of that year.

Earlier today, I noted that a planning application for a proposed two-storey 60 bed residential care home has just appeared on the Vale of White Horse District Council website. From the plans, it looks like this will be situated behind the existing Health Centre. I don't know how this fits in with the overall strategy for the site. I am sure residents will remember that at one time a new hospital was destined to be situated near to the centre. More information can be found here along with the chance to comment on the plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.