Sunday 19 June 2011

Wilts and Berks Canal


As it was a fine evening, I took a walk along the Wilts and Berks Canal between Grove and East Challow. I had forgotten quite how peaceful  this walk is and how easy it is to escape into the countryside. Along the way, I observed the antics of a Red Kite (pictured above).

When I returned home, I realised that I had missed a "Guided Summer Canal Walk" earlier today, which was organised as part of the Wantage Summer Festival and followed much the same route. However, I note that a different tour (of the Grove flight of 6 locks) is planned for this Thursday 23rd June at 7.30pm and there is another longer walk (to Sparsholt) on Saturday 25th June at 10.30am. Further details about supporting the restoration of the canal and the walks can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.