Sunday 28 March 2010

Street Pastors Training

Yesterday I ran a training session for the Wantage and Grove street pastors. They have to undergo quite an extensive training schedule, which is covered in their manual and includes all their roles and responsibilities. My section was entitled 'Knowing Your Community' so I was able to introduce them to the world of politics and policies, social exclusion and the whole dynamics of community planning.

It was a very lively affair with everyone having their say and I was told it was enjoyed by all. Street Pastors have been tremendously successful in both Grove and Wantage in helping our young people late into the night at weekends when they are a bit worse for wear by the excesses of alcohol! Lollipops and flip flops are the solution I am told, and a call home if needed. Readers of my blog will remember their launch event back in June last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.