Saturday 14 November 2009

Grove Milestones - Fairtrade Village and Millbrook School


Today, on a wet and windy morning, I held my monthly surgery in Grove Library to hear the concerns and issues of local residents. My next surgery will be held on 12 December from 10.30am.

At the same time as my surgery, Grove was being presented with Fairtrade Village status in Old Mill Hall. I hurried over to join in the celebrations. Congratulations to all involved from the Parish Council and the various Fairtrade supporters in Grove (Bay Tree, Cornerstone Coffee Shop, Mayfield Coffee Lounge, Co-op, Wine Rack and Tesco). More information can be found here.

As I battled the wind in the car park, I was also reminded again by the sign (see above) that this year is Millbrook School's 40th Anniversary. The school has a special place with my family. Both my children were educated there, my husband was a governor in the days when there was a separate infant school, I myself have been a governor and my daughter served as a governor until very recently. More information and memories can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.