Sunday 9 March 2008

Drainage in Grove

I am pleased to report that at last some of the drainage issues in Grove are being addressed as a result of problems raised from last July's floods.

We had a very useful first meeting of residents who were flooded last Wednesday evening and a number of practical steps are now being addressed or taken forward.

This drain (left) at the entrance to Denchworth Road has been pooling for years, and I have been pestering Highways for a long, long time to get it dealt with. Last week the work was completed. I shall be monitoring progress to see that the footpath no longer pools and drains properly.

I shall also be following up on a number of other drainage issues in Grove, too numerous to mention here - but be assured that I am on the case and will continue to pester where necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.