Saturday 24 November 2007

On the Buses

New bus services for our area are to start running from 9th December 2007, as written about in my earlier post in October . Please see the County Council website for up to date information here and the full range of service timetables here. Thames Travel will be operating the no. 32 hourly service between Grove/Wantage and Harwell campus and Didcot/Milton Park/Abingdon from Mondays to Saturdays.
The new Milton Park Express service also starts from 10th December run by RH Transport Services operating at peak times as a commuter link to Didcot Parkway, Didcot Town Centre and Milton Park. I do hope that residents will take advantage of these services, and I shall be grateful for any feedback.
Stagecoach will also be operating services to Abingdon and will continue the X30 route to Oxford and I do hope that there will be improved reliability as some passengers have reported punctuality problems recently. Perhaps now that we have 3 different operators running these services, there will be some incentive to improve.
I am pleased that my constant campaigning for better public transport locally is beginning to have an impact. I hope that there will be increased bus usage so that we will not lose these valuable routes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.